We can’t be more thrilled for you with your treatment choice. This treatment is the foundational work for all other treatments and services to continue to improve your skin and help maintain a youthful appearance. I imagine the numbing is starting wear off and you are beginning to feel a tightness sensation of the treated area. Bruising may be evident along with pink or purple little dots and bumps. ALL of these findings will go away. The little textural bumps that you see and feel will get worse before they get better and can last up to a few weeks. They are not blemishes, do not pick or pop them at all or you will cause a darkened area on your skin that can permanently scar or create an infection.
After your first nights rest post profound you will notice a significant increase in your swelling compared to day 1. This is normal, alarming but normal!
Here are a few recommended guidelines to help manage your post care:
1. Wash your face with mild cleanser twice a day. We recommend Zo Gentle cleanser sold here at DCCM.
2. Avoid washcloths and harsh cleansers until healed. Use the tips of your fingers to gently wash your face.
3. Keep the treated area clean dry and open to air.
4. Apply ice packs on the treated areas for about 2 hours after treatment (15 minutes on 15 minutes off), then once every 2-3 hours the rest of treatment day and next day during waking hours.
5. Sleep with your head elevated for at least the first three nights to minimize swelling.
6. Avoid sun exposure on the treatment area and use a sun screen (SPF 30+) for one month following the procedure (you should always wear it). We recommend the ZO sunscreen as it has all of the necessary ingredients to keep your skin safe and healthy.
7. Feel free to call the office at 603-783-1087 if you have any concerns.
8. Expected downtime: up to 5-7 days. This may be longer depending on the individuals genetic make up and lifestyle.
9. Change to a clean pillowcase every day until healed.
10. Avoid allowing pets in the bed or near the treated area.
11. Use only new face make-up after the procedure.
12. Avoid alcohol and exercise for 5 days post treatment or you will increase your swelling and prolong your recovery.
13. Take Zyrtec for inflammation and itching. Itching will start at about 7 days and is easily put at bay with the use of an anti-histamine such as Zyrtec.
14. Ice the area several times a day for 10 minutes at a time and continue to do so for 5-7 days.
Avoid the following while healing:
Swimming, Sweating, exercise, and vigorous activities that cause sweating; and, Tanning beds in general, Powered cleansing brushes, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinol (Vitamin A); Exercise Alcohol, Vitamin C (low-pH formula) scrubs; and, Anything perceived as “active” skincare
Wrinkle and skin laxity improvement will continue for 3 to 6 months following treatment. Clinical literature suggests that the dermal remodeling process following non-ablative RF treatments can continue for up to 6 to 12 months after treatment.
We want to thank you for choosing the team here at DCCM. As always, please call us with any questions or concerns that may arise. We are here for you and want you to feel confident in the process just as much as in your skin!