WHAT CAUSES HAIR LOSS?
People who suffer from hair loss typically lose 100 hairs per day. Because new hair is growing in at the same time, it isn’t always noticeable. Hair loss occurs when hair follicles are destroyed and replaced with scar tissue, or when the cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted.
The most common causes of hair loss include:
- Hereditary factors, especially if you have a family history of male or female-pattern baldness
- Hormonal shifts, usually as a result of pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid problems and menopause
- Medications and supplements including drugs for cancer, arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, heart problems and gout
- Radiation therapy to the head
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS?
The risk factors of hair thinning or loss include:
- Family history of balding
- Medical conditions such as diabetes and lupus
- Significant weight loss
HOW DOES SURFACE MEDICAL ESTHETICS TREAT HAIR LOSS?
If you suffer from hair thinning or loss, we provide hair restoration treatments at our wellness center in Hampton, New Hampshire. Hair restoration is a natural solution for baldness and thin hair. Using a centrifuge, we will separate growth factors from your blood sample and use that to restore damaged hair follicles. Click here to learn more about hair restoration.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION IN THE SEACOAST REGION
At Delle Chiaie Cosmetic Medicine in Hampton NH on the Seacoast, we treat all kinds of complexions and conditions. The benefit of being treated at Delle Chiaie Cosmetic Medicine is you don’t just get a Surface treatment: you get the benefit of an experienced and highly trained provider with nearly 20 years in medicine. We can evaluate you both internally and externally. You may be surprised to know that a majority of skin disorders arise from a much more complex internal source. To get started, give us a call at (603) 783-1087. Stay tuned to hear about one of our amazing success stories…