WHAT CAUSES HAIR LOSS?
People who suffer from hair loss typically lose 100 hairs per day. Because new hair is growing in at the same time, it isn’t always noticeable. Hair loss occurs when hair follicles are destroyed and replaced with scar tissue, or when the cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted.
The most common causes of hair loss include:
- Hereditary factors, especially if you have a family history of male or female-pattern baldness
- Hormonal shifts, usually as a result of pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid problems and menopause
- Medications and supplements including drugs for cancer, arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, heart problems and gout
- Radiation therapy to the head
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS?
The risk factors of hair thinning or loss include:
- Family history of balding
- Medical conditions such as diabetes and lupus
- Significant weight loss
HOW DOES SURFACE MEDICAL ESTHETICS TREAT HAIR LOSS?
If you suffer from hair thinning or loss, we provide hair restoration treatments at our wellness center in Hampton, New Hampshire. Hair restoration is a natural solution for baldness and thin hair. Using a centrifuge, we will separate growth factors from your blood sample and use that to restore damaged hair follicles. Click here to learn more about hair restoration.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION IN SEACOAST NH
If you suffer hair loss or thinning hair, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at Delle Chiaie Cosmetic Medicine. Hair restoration is an effective solution and will leave you feeling like yourself again. To get started with a consultation at Delle Chiaie Cosmetic Medicine in Hampton, New Hampshire, book online or give us a call at (603) 874-4541. We are proud to serve the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and the North Shore of Massachusetts and we look forward to seeing you!