Laser hair removal at DCCM with the Nordlys system by Candela Medical.
Laser hair removal is the perfect treatment option if you are unhappy with waxing, tweezing, and shaving to safely and effectively remove unwanted hair. The Nordlys System is an FDA-cleared device using 80% less energy than other devices. Less energy ensures the safety of surrounding skin. In addition, the filters on the Nordlys System filter out light that is not needed, and the result is precise and safe treatments.
The Nordlys System is a multi-application platform and treats many conditions, including:
- Age spots
- Sun damage and pigmentation
- Redness in the face
- Broken Capillaries
- Port Wine Stains
- Surgical and Traumatic Scars
- Acne Scare
- Fine lines, wrinkles, skin laxity
- Excess and unwanted hair
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
The Nordlys System permanently reduces unwanted hair by using short bursts of light directed at the target site. In addition, your provider will apply a thin layer of gel to the skin before treatment.
Harmful wavelengths that only heat the water in the skin are produced with the Nordlys System, and the light emitted is absorbed by the melanin or pigment in your hair. Melanin changes the light into heat that travels down the hair toward the roots and heats the hair, preventing future hair growth.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The team at the DCCM will meet with you to discuss your hair removal goals and determine which is the best treatment for you. With the Nordyls, you may see permanent hair reduction after three treatments. The therapy features dynamic cooling for added speed, protection, and dual wavelengths to maximize your treatments.
Treatment is quick, and it takes just a few minutes for the upper lip to 30 minutes for the back or both legs. Results are clinically proven.
What should I do before hair removal treatments?
Lasers emit wavelength targeting the pigment located in the root of every hair follicle. Laser light can destroy hair follicles without damage to the skin’s surface because the hair follicles absorb the light. However, you may need multiple treatments scheduled eight to 10 weeks apart to have permanent removal.
To ensure laser light works properly, there are several things you need to do.
- Stop waxing and plucking. The hair roots are targeted by laser light, so avoid plucking or waxing for six weeks before your first appointment.
- Shave treated areas 24 to 48 hours before your appointment. Shaving decreases the chance of burns.
- Stay out of the sun. Two weeks before your laser hair removal appointment, avoid sun tanning, tanning beds, and self-tanners. The use of sun and tanning can lead to skin discoloration after laser treatment, and sunburn will cause pain and blistering.
- Remove makeup since ingredients in beauty products can affect the results of laser hair removal. These products include deodorant, makeup, ointment, lotions, and anything else applied topically to the area. Use soap and water to clean the skin so it can be treated.
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION IN THE SEACOAST REGION
At Delle Chiaie Cosmetic Medicine in Hampton NH on the Seacoast, we treat all kinds of complexions and conditions. The benefit of being treated at Delle Chiaie Cosmetic Medicine is you don’t just get a Surface treatment: you get the benefit of an experienced and highly trained provider with nearly 20 years in medicine. We can evaluate you both internally and externally. You may be surprised to know that a majority of skin disorders arise from a much more complex internal source. To get started, give us a call at (603) 783-1087. Stay tuned to hear about one of our amazing success stories…