Generally speaking, non-surgical skin tightening procedures utilize targeted energy to heat deeper layers of skin, which in turn stimulates collagen, hyaluronic acid, and elastin production. Skin tone and texture along with tightening improves with time; in some cases up to 6 months. Depending on the specific product used the results will continue well into a year’s time frame. Some treatments such as the Profound RF used by Tara at DCCM device affects fibrous tissue to help smooth cellulite.
Each device and each provider are not all created equal. You will want to see before and after treatments from within the practice. But please keep in mind, not all results are reproducible. Are you smoking, using tanning beds, not using SPF while in the sun? Lifestyle is of equal importance when we are speaking about results.
As we age, production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin help our skin stay plump, firm and smooth. As the production of these three slows down it results in areas of lax, deflated and sagging skin on the face, neck, and body.
If you are bothered by skin laxity, then non-surgical skin tightening can temporarily halt this process and restore a firmer, smoother, more youthful appearance with little to no downtime.
There are several benefits to Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- You will see a noticeable lifting
- You will have improved health of your skin
- You can expect mild to moderate tightening of lax skin and or the appearance of cellulite.
- You may even see smaller pores and a reduction of scarring
- Downtime ranges from 3 days to 2 weeks depending on the treatment of your choice.
- Minimal risk of adverse effects when performed by a qualified provider such as Tara @ DCCM
- Treatments can be performed in-office, typically in 1-2 hour or less
- Results can last up to 1 year to 5 years. We are resetting your internal clock by restoring your functions of healthy youthful skin. How quickly you age forward has a lot to do with your lifestyle and your genetics more than the treatment.
- The tough part is how long it takes to see results. Since we are working from within it can take up to 6 weeks to see results. However, when combined with CO2 clients will notice results in 2-4 weeks post procedure.
- Depending on the type of treatment you chose for skin tightening it is at times necessary to report the treatments. Sublative RF will require 4-6 treatments while the Profound RF is done once. However, you may repeat in a year if you are so thrilled that you want to take the treatment to the next level.
- Not effective on more advanced skin sagging, such as pronounced jowling or stretched skin following pregnancy or weight loss unless you are combining treatments to encourage the synergistic effects of them.
Who is a good candidate for Non-surgical skin tightening?
These treatments are best suited for patients who are bothered by mild to moderate skin laxity and do not need more dramatic lifting and skin removal possible with facelift surgery.
While there are very few serious side effects associated with non-surgical skin tightening when performed by a licensed and trained professional, there are clients who are not candidates. If you are pregnant, taking certain medications, or have certain medical conditions you may be advised to go without or seek the approval of your specialist prior to treatment.
The best way to find out if non-surgical skin tightening is right for you is to consult with an experienced cosmetic provider that is fully licensed and additionally trained in the devices being utilized for the skin tightening treatment.
At DCCM Tara has several options to tighten the skin
- Sublative RF
- Profound RF
- Co2 Laser
Skincare products, Peels and Microneedling are amazing but will not yield the level of skin tightening most clients hope for. Proper skin care, microneedling, and peels are all wonderful adjunct treatments to help promote and encourage the longevity of your skin tightening treatment.
Consults are necessary prior to scheduling any invasive type of procedure with Tara. Your consult is your private time to discuss your aesthetic goals, budget, and willingness to adhere to your aftercare instructions.
You may book online through mind body with Tara or you can always call our office to speak with our team to schedule your consult. Prices do vary and are based on each individual clients needs and treatment area. We do not try and hide prices but we want to be fair and price our treatments accordingly to your needs individually.