Profound Post Care Guidelines
We can’t be more thrilled for you with your treatment choice. This treatment is the foundational work for all other treatments and services to continue to improve your skin and help maintain a youthful appearance. I imagine the numbing is starting wear off and you are beginning to feel a tightness sensation of the treated area. Bruising may be evident along with pink or purple little dots and bumps. ALL of these findings will go away. The little textural bumps that you see and feel will get worse before they get better and can last up to a few weeks. They are not blemishes, do not pick or pop them at all or you will cause a darkened area on your skin that can permanently scar or create an infection.
After your first night’s rest post profound, you will notice a significant increase in your swelling compared to day 1. This is normal, alarming but normal!
Here are a few recommended guidelines to help manage your post-care.
1. Wash face with a mild cleanser twice a day. We recommend Zo Gentle cleanser.
2. Avoid washcloths and harsh cleansers until healed.
3. Keep the treated area clean dry and open to the air.
4. Apply ice packs on the treated areas for about 2 hours after treatment (15 minutes on 15 minutes off), then once every 2-3 hours the rest of treatment day and next day during waking hours.
5. Sleep with head elevated for at least the first three nights to minimize swelling.
6. Patients should avoid sun exposure to the treatment area and use a sunscreen (SPF 30+) for one month following the procedure.
7. Feel free to call the office at 603-783-1087if you have any concerns.
8. Expected downtime: up to 5-7 days may be longer depending on the individual’s genetic makeup and lifestyle.
9. Change to a clean pillowcase every day until healed.
10. Avoid allowing pets in the bed or near the treated area.
11. Use only new face make-up after the procedure.
Avoid the following while healing:
Sweating, exercise, and vigorous activities that cause sweating; and,
Tanning beds in general
Powered cleansing brushes;
Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids;
Retinol (Vitamin A);
Vitamin C (low-pH formula) scrubs; and,
Anything perceived as “active” skincare.
Wrinkle and skin laxity improvement will continue for 3 to 6 months following treatment. Clinical literature suggests that the dermal remodeling process following non-ablative RF treatments can continue for up to 6 to 12 months after treatment.
Love the skin you are in!