Lip filler aftercare tips
#1: Don’t love them or hate them for 2 weeks. Your initial fullness on day 1 will not stay the same.
Swelling after lip filler treatment is normal and therefore the size of your lips immediately after your treatment will not be a true reflection of your final result. Minor swelling can last between a few hours or day, possibly longer, depending on multiple factors. If you have abnormal swelling or painful disproportionate swelling you will want to notify the office right away.
#2: How can I reduce my swelling after lip fillers.
Be sure to follow the specific guidelines of your Cosmetic injector following your treatment.
- You may apply ice to treated area with a cloth barrier.
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water as your lips will become dry .
- Focus on eating healthy foods like fresh fruits (Pineapple helps to reduce bruising) & vegetables. The vitamins and minerals will assist with the healing process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme hot temperatures for 24-48 hours post treatment. Not following this step can increase swelling, pain and bruising.
- Processed foods or fast foods. Salt will increase swelling
- Heavy activity or exercise for the first two days after treatment
- Spicy foods
- Blood-thinning medications, including aspirin and ibuprofen (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner then please continue with these)
- Smoking and smoke exposure
#3: Don’t fly too soon after getting Lip Filler.
It’s important not to fly for at least 2 weeks after getting your lip filler or any filler for that matter. This is to ensures that our team can see you to a full recovery and can meet the 2 week review.
#4: Leave plenty of time for injectables such as lip filler prior to a big event.
It is not advised to receive filler just before any big event. You will want to plan this treatment in advance. A week before your big day is not the time for filler, Like everything associated with a big event, it’s all about timing and pre-planning!
It’s always best to start a new treatment well before any type of big event. We recommend that you allow at least 4-6 weeks for your cosmetic injectable treatment to settle. If you’re a first time injectables client, we recommend 8-12 weeks prior to the event.
Remember, every patient is different, and results can vary between individuals just as the goals can too.
#5: Please, Please, Please…Take advantage of the complimentary 2-week follow up appointment with Tara at DCCM.
At DCCM, your cosmetic injectables treatment is performed by one of our Nurse Practitioners and or Registered Nurses. Our medical team prides themselves on the use of leading cosmetic injectable brands and the latest technology and facial analysis techniques. Our amazing patients deserve nothing but the best.
Each and every patient receives a highly personalized treatment plan that delivers on your needs and aesthetic wishes. Part of this personalized treatment plan includes a complimentary post-treatment review 2 weeks following your treatment. This is a complimentary service and allows your injector to review your results and for you to review any lingering questions you may have. You are worth it!
Call 603-783-1087 to schedule your complimentary consult at DCCM.