We can’t be more thrilled for you with your treatment choice if you have had the Profound RF non-surgical lower facelift. By the time you arrive at home after your treatment, the numbing will be starting to wear off and you will begin to feel a tightness sensation of the treated area. Bruising may be evident along with pink or purple little dots and bumps. ALL of these findings will go away. The little textural bumps that you see and feel will get worse before they get better and can last up to a few weeks. They are not blemishes, do not pick or pop them at all or you will cause a darkened area on your skin that can permanently scar or create an infection.
After your first night’s rest post profound you will notice a significant increase in your swelling compared to day 1. This is normal, alarming but normal!
Here are a few recommended guidelines to help manage your post care:
1. Wash your face with mild cleanser twice a day. We recommend Zo Gentle cleanser sold here at DCCM.
2. Avoid washcloths and harsh cleansers until healed. Use the tips of your fingers to gently wash your face.
3. Keep the treated area clean dry and open to air.
4. Apply ice packs on the treated areas for about 2 hours after treatment (15 minutes on 15 minutes off), then once every 2-3 hours the rest of treatment day and next day during waking hours.
5. Sleep with your head elevated for at least the first three nights to minimize swelling.
6. Avoid sun exposure on the treatment area and use a sunscreen (SPF 30+) for one month following the procedure (you should always wear it). We recommend the ZO sunscreen as it has all of the necessary ingredients to keep your skin safe and healthy.
7. Feel free to call the office at 603-783-1087 if you have any concerns.
8. Expected downtime: up to 5-7 days. This may be longer depending on the individual’s genetic makeup and lifetsyle.
9. Change to a clean pillowcase every day until healed.
10. Avoid allowing pets in the bed or near the treated area.
11. Use only new face make-up after the procedure.
12. Avoid alcohol and exercise for 5 days post treatment or you will increase your swelling and prolong your recovery.
Avoid the following while healing:
Swimming, Sweating, exercise, and vigorous activities that cause sweating; and, Tanning beds in general, Powered cleansing brushes, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinol (Vitamin A); Exercise Alcohol, Vitamin C (low-pH formula) scrubs; and, Anything perceived as “active” skincare
Wrinkle and skin laxity improvement will continue for 3 to 6 months following treatment. Clinical literature suggests that the dermal remodeling process following non-ablative RF treatments can continue for up to 6 to 12 months after treatment.
We want to thank you for choosing the team here at DCCM. As always, please call us with any questions or concerns that may arise. We are here for you and want you to feel confident in the process just as much as in your skin!
Our number is (603)-783-1087
Between the hours of 8AM and 4PM you may call the office number. However, if you feel you have a pressing question that can not wait until normal business hours; please text (603)-783-1087 so we can assist you. We hope you enjoy your results and look forward to seeing you again at your next visit.
Love the skin you are in!